Conditions to access the programme
1. Purchase of real estate
a. The purchase of real estate property with a value equal to or above € 500.000;
b. The purchase of real estate property, with construction dating back more than 30 years, for a total value equal to or above € 350.000;
c. The purchase of real estate property with a value equal to or above € 400.000 in areas with less than 100 citizens per square km;
d. The purchase of real estate property, with construction dating back more than 30 years, for a total value equal to or above € 280.000 in areas with less than 100 citizens per square km;
2. Capital transfer - With a value equal to or above 1 million Euros (deposit in a bank operating in Portugal);
3. Job creation - Creation of at least 10 permanent jobs in a new company created in Portugal;
4. Research activities – Donation of at least € 350.000 for investing in research activities conducted by public or private scientific research institutions involved in the national scientific or technologic system.
5. Arts, heritage and culture – Donation of at least € 250.000 for investing in artistic output or supporting the arts, for reconstruction or refurbishment of the national heritage, THROUGH the local and central authorities, public institutions, public corporate sector, public foundations, private foundations of public interest, networked local authorities, local corporate sector organizations, local associations and public cultural associations, pursuing activities of artistic output, and reconstruction or maintenance of the national heritage
6. Capital markets - Capital transfer with a value equal to or above € 500.000, for purchasing shares in investment funds or in venture capital geared to capitalize small and medium companies that, in turn, must present a feasible capitalization plan.
Portuguese, EU and EEE nationals are not eligible for the ARI / Golden Visa scheme.
Conditions to renew the residence permit
For the purposes of renewing their residence permits, the Investors now need to prove that they have met the following minimum periods of residence in Portugal:
7 days, consecutive or not, in the first year and;
14 days, consecutive or not, in the subsequent period of two years.